NSG 6630 Evidence Based Organizational Change Task
NSG 6630 Evidence Based Organizational Change Task
Prepared a draft of an executive summary of an evidence-based organizational change that includes the listed components based on your selected topic or area of interest.
Submitted a structured presentation free of spelling and grammatical errors.
Properly cited sources using APA format.
Develop a 2500-3000-word research proposal utilizing the work you completed for the weekly learning activities and the Research Proposal Required Content document. NSG 6630 Evidence Based Organizational Change Task
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.A study’s design method section should explicitly detail how the author conducted research and assessed the hypothesis. This is vital because it allows other researchers to replicate the design methods as a secondary source or in a systematic review for possible health care implications. NSG 6630 Evidence Based Organizational Change Task
- Review the DNP Project Process Guide and the Question Development Tool provided in the Learning Resources.
- Review the Minutes template provided in the Learning Resources.
Part 1: Question Development Tool
Using the Question Development Tool, address the following:
Be sure to clearly identify and complete all components of the Question Development Tool. NSG 6630 Evidence Based Organizational Change Task
- Review the Evidence Level and Quality Guide provided in the Learning Resources to help you in determining how you will appraise the evidence related to your DNP Project practice problem.
- Review the Research Evidence Appraisal Tool and the Nonresearch Evidence Appraisal Tool provided in the Learning Resources. You will use these tools to assist you in your review of the evidence related to your DNP Project practice problem.
- Review the Individual Evidence Summary Tool and the Synthesis and Recommendations Tool to focus on for completing this Assignment.
- Be sure to review the Synthesis resources from the Walden University Writing Center in preparation for this Assignment.
- Complete all components of the Individual Evidence Summary Tool. Be sure to follow the guidelines and recommendations from the Evidence Level and Quality Guide.
- Complete all components of the Synthesis Process and Recommendations Tool. Be sure to consult your Research (or Nonresearch) Appraisal Tools in completing this part of the Assignment. NSG 6630 Evidence Based Organizational Change Task
A primary competency for advocacy is communicating with legislators about the social problems and policies you want to change. This means you will need to be well versed in both the social problems that connect with you and the polices that exist to address them.
In Week 2, you identified a social problem. You have since worked to narrow your focus and, separately, considered how policies play a major role in the functions of social work agencies and organizations. For the Assignment this week, you start to bring all these pieces together. First, you develop an issue statement to concisely capture your selected social problem through appropriate facts and questions that solicit a response. Then you identify a state or local policy that currently works to address your selected social problem and resolve your issue statement. NSG 6630 Evidence Based Organizational Change Task
- Review the Issue Statement Sample document in the Learning Resources this week.
- Search for and select at least one scholarly article that deepens your understanding of—or narrows the context for—your social problem.
- Search for and select at least one source that explores the population(s) impacted by your selected social problem. This can be a news article or other popular media—for example, you might select a source where someone details their personal story for how they were impacted by the social problem.
- Search for and select at least one local or state policy that works to address your selected social problem for the affected populations.
- Use the Legislative Proposal Assessment from the Council on Social Work Education resource in the Learning Resources this week. This worksheet does not have to be submitted for your Assignment, but it is a useful tool to help you search for, select, and evaluate a policy. NSG 6630 Evidence Based Organizational Change Task
BY DAY 7
Submit a 3- to 5-page paper, addressing the following:
- Issue Statement: Create a 1-paragraph issue statement that hooks your audience and concisely communicates the imperative to address your selected social problem. Include the following:
- In 1 paragraph, define your social problem and the population impacted by it.
- In 1–2 paragraphs, explain your critical reasons for why the public and decision makers, as well as social workers, need to advocate for change.
- In 1–2 paragraphs, describe what happens in communities if your goal to alleviate the problem is realized. NSG 6630 Evidence Based Organizational Change Task
- Policy Review: Summarize your selected policy, its relationships to the social problem, and the expected results. Then address the following:
- Is your selected policy dictated by local or state statute—or a combination thereof?
- How does the policy address your issue statement? Or what is missing?
- What are the different sections, or components, of the policy?
- How long has the current policy been in place?
- Who supports and who opposes the policy?
- What changes, or amendments, have been made to the policy?
- Explain how this policy affects clients you might see in a clinical setting and why, as a clinical social worker, it would be important to advocate for change. NSG 6630 Evidence Based Organizational Change Task