PICOT in regards to babys Task
PICOT in regards to babys Task
The purpose of this assignment is to draft an appropriate and effective PICOT question that can be related to your DNP project. Keep in mind your project will continue to evolve and take more specific shape as you move through your program. That is expected. It is important to begin with a workable PICOT question in mind so that you start off on the right track and can continue to refine your area in subsequent courses.
Consider an advanced practice nursing care problem or issue related to your intended DPI Project. Conduct a search in the GCU Library using CINAHL, The Cochrane Library, the Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI), OVID, or Sage Research Methods databases to find appropriate empirical resources regarding applicable nursing intervention research.
- Doctoral learners are required to use Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
- Review the “PICOT Decision Pathway” and “PICOT Selection Guidelines” resources.
- Utilizing your feedback you have received on your draft PICOT question from Topic 2 DQ1, create a draft PICOT question specifically related to your project. This PICOT will be revised and in Topic 8 will be submitted for approval by the college.
- Use the “PICOT Decision Pathway” to determine if your PICOT question is appropriate and can be supported with substantial research.
- Using the “PICOT Question Template”, formulate an evidence-based practice (EBP) question that pertains to your project focus.
- In addition to your evidence-based practice PICOT question, prepare a brief abstract about your topic. Include a rationale for why you have selected this topic and why you believe it is in line with the PICOT selection guidelines. If you have selected a route that advises caution on the “PICOT Decision Pathway” explain how you think you might mitigate complications that could occur to ensure you are able to successfully accomplish your project in a timely manner.
Population: Adults and/or children receiving health care services for one or more chronic health condition. We excluded visits for healthy patient groups (i.e. those without an indication related to a chronic health condition). This exclusion covers: Pregnant women or those planning a pregnancy (unless they also have a chronic health condition such as diabetes); and smoking cessation or other health promotion clinics. Intervention: Delivery of one or more services to a small group of patients (typically 8-10 patients) simultaneously. Only studies including the delivery of the intervention by one or more specialist health care professionals met the inclusion criteria of the review. We excluded delivery of intervention by peers or non-specialist HCPs. We also excluded peer facilitated support groups since the intervention is not principally delivered by health care professionals (although they may contribute). Comparator: Other methods of organisation of treatment (with the exception of qualitative research and surveys, only studies with a comparator group are included).. Outcomes: Patient outcomes; health services outcomes; patient and carer satisfaction; resource use.Time:6months to one year.