NRS 433V Week 1 Nursing Practice Problem PICOT
NRS 433V Week 1 Nursing Practice Problem PICOT
I need 2 discussion board questions answered they need to be 250 words each and include at least 2 references, I have attached sources and instructions. Thanks.
Developing a PICOT Question/Statement
The components of PICOT include:
(P) Population of Focus – Be specific regarding the particular clinical area where the clinical problem or issue arises from clinical care
(I) Intervention – Independent nursing intervention
(C) Comparison – Nursing intervention in patients not currently receiving the intervention in the (I)
(O) Outcome – Be specific
(T) Time – REQUIRED and should specify the timeframe needed to implement the change process.
Identify each of the components in relation to your topic. Here is an example.
P: acute care intensive care units
I: hand hygiene with hand sanitizer
C: hand hygiene with soap and water
O: reduce hospital-associated Clostridium difficile infections
T: over a two-month period (this is required)
Then, develop a PICOT question/statement.
In acute care intensive care units (P), does hand hygiene with hand sanitizer (I), compared to hand hygiene with soap and water (C), reduce hospital-associated Clostridium difficile infections (O), over a two-month period (T).
Read Chapter 1 in Nursing Research: Understanding Methods for Best Practice.
Read “Exploring the Evidence. Focusing on the Fundamentals: A Simplistic Differentiation Between Qualitative and Quantitative Research,” by Rutberg and Bouikidis, from Nephrology Nursing Journal (2018).
Read the strategies and tips located on “Searching Nursing Databases” on the GCU Library website to assist you in searching the main nursing and health sciences databases. View the associated tutorials as needed.
View the “Writing in APA” tutorial,” located in the Writing Center in the Student Success Center.
View the “Library Walk Through Tutorial.”
Read “EBP: Evidence Based Practice,” located in the Student Success Center.
Read “Adopting Evidence-Based Practice in Clinical Decision Making: Nurses’ Perceptions, Knowledge, and Barriers,” by Majid et al., from Journal of the Medical Library Association (2011).
Read “Formulating a Researchable Question: A Criticle Step for Facilitating Good Clinical Research,” by Aslam and Emmanuel, from Indian Journal of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and AIDS (2010).
Read “To Make Your Case, Start with a PICOT Question,” by Echevarria and Walker, from Nursing 2014 (2014).
Read “Chapter 7: The Evidence for Evidence-Based Practice Implementation,” by Titler, from the online eBook, Patient Safety and Quality: An Evidence-Based Handbook for Nurses (2008), located on the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) website.
Reference the “APA Basics” information, located on the GCU Library website, to assist with the APA format and documentation of sources required for the assignment.
Reference the “GCU Library Research Guides: Citing Sources” resource for information on how to cite sources properly.
- Examine the importance of nursing research in improving patient outcomes.
- Identify critical elements of evidence-based practice.
- Evaluate a clinical problem using the PICOT question.
I want to make sure you are aware of resources that should not be used in this week’s assignment. Systematic Reviews, Literature Reviews, and Metanalysis articles are useful resources and provide a strong level of evidence but are not considered primary research articles and should not be included in this week’s assignment.
All studies should be current (within 5-10 years).
For this assignment, you will create a clinical guiding question, know as a PICOT question. The PICOT question must be relevant to a nursing practice problem. To support your PICOT question, identify six supporting peer-revised research articles, as indicated below. The PICOT question and six peer-reviewed research articles you choose will be utilized for subsequent assignments.
Use the “Literature Evaluation Table” to complete this assignment. (Attached) Also found in Topic 1 Study Materials.
- Select a nursing practice problem of interest to use as the focus of your research. Start with the patient population and identify a clinical problem or issue that arises from the patient population. In 200–250 words, provide a summary of the clinical issue. (See the top of the literature table)
- Following the PICOT format, write a PICOT question in your selected nursing practice problem area of interest. The PICOT question should apply to your proposed capstone project (the project students must complete during their final course in the RN-BSN program of study). (See the top of the literature table)
- The PICOT question will provide a framework for your capstone project.
- Conduct a literature search to locate six research articles focused on your selected nursing practice problem of interest. This literature search should include three quantitative and three qualitative peer-reviewed research articlesto support your nursing practice problem. NRS 433V Week 1 Nursing Practice Problem PICOT
Make sure you include a working link to your article. I should not have to search for your article.