NRS 427V Week 1 Discussion Question 1 Recent
NRS 427V Week 1 Discussion Question 1 Recent
What is your idea of a healthy community? Provide specific examples. What do healthy communities have in common? How would you provide care for a community if your idea of a healthy community does not match your community’s definition of a healthy community? NRS 427V Week 1 Discussion Question 1 Recent
In a written paper of 1,200-1,500 words, apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease. Choose one communicable disease from the following list:
Hepatitis B (Selected)
Include the following in your assignment:
Description of the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment) and the demographic of interest (mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence). NRS 427V Week 1 Discussion Question 1 Recent
Describe the determinants of health and explain how those factors contribute to the development of this disease.
Discuss the epidemiologic triangle as it relates to the communicable disease you have selected. Include the host factors, agent factors (presence or absence), and environmental factors. (The textbook describes each element of the epidemiologic triangle).
Explain the role of the community health nurse (case finding,
reporting, data collecting, data analysis, and follow-up).
Identify at least one national agency or organization that addresses the communicable disease chosen and describe how the organization(s) contributes to resolving or reducing the impact of disease. NRS 427V Week 1 Discussion Question 1 Recent
A minimum of three references is required.
Write a formal paper of 750-1,000 words that addresses the following:
Discuss the differences in competencies between nurses prepared at the associate-degree level versus the baccalaureate-degree level.
Identify a patient care situation in which you describe how nursing care or approaches to decision-making may differ based upon the educational preparation of the nurse (BSN versus a diploma or ADN degree).
For additional help finding research on this topic, refer to the GCU Library tutorial located at in the Student Success Center.
Refer to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Fact Sheet: Creating a More Highly Qualified Nursing Workforce as a resource.
Refer to the assigned readings for concepts that help support your main points.
Refer to “Grand Canyon University College of Nursing Philosophy.” This is an informational resource to assist in completing the assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required. NRS 427V Week 1 Discussion Question 1 Recent
This assignment uses a rubric. Students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the criteria and expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Infectious Disease Paper: SCABIES
I currently reside in FL
Infectious disease occurs worldwide and must be addressed just as chronic disease is approached. This assignment will present the learner an opportunity to explore a communicable disease, to apply the epidemiological triad, and to discern the demographic and at-risk background data for a specific infectious disease agent.
- Introduction: Analysis of the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment) to include demographic break down that includes age, gender, race, or other at-risk indicators (data per demographics should include mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence). NRS 427V Week 1 Discussion Question 1 Recent
- Determinants of Health: Define, identify and synthesize the determinants of health as related to the development of the infection. Utilize HP2020.
- Epidemiological Triad: Identify and describe all elements of the epidemiological triad: Host factors, agent factors (presence or absence), and environmental factors. Utilize the demographic break down to further describe the triad. Writing includes examples that expand content beyond a definition into application. Full integration of evidence, sources.
- Role of the NP: Succinctly define the role of the nurse practitioner according to a national nurse practitioner organization (National Board of Nursing or AANP, for example) and synthesize the role to the management of infectious diseases (surveillance, primary/secondary/tertiary interventions, reporting, data collecting, data analysis, and follow-up). This includes the integration of a model of practice which supports the implementation of an evidence-based practice. NRS 427V Week 1 Discussion Question 1 Recent
- Length: The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) should be limited to a maximum of four (4) pages. Papers not adhering to the page length may be returned to you for editing to meet the length guidelines.
- A minimum of three (3) scholarly research/literature references must be used. CDC or other web sources may be utilized but are not counted towards the three minimum references required. Your course text may be used as an additional resource but is not included in the three minimum scholarly references.
- APA format current edition. NRS 427V Week 1 Discussion Question 1 Recent
- Include scholarly in-text references and a reference list.
Best Practices in Preparing the Project
The following are best practices in preparing this project:
- Review directions and rubric thoroughly.
- Follow submission requirements.
- Make sure all elements on the grading rubric are included. Organize the paper using the rubric sections and appropriate headings to match the sections.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
- Title page, running head, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the current edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section of the paper except for the introduction where no heading is used.
- Ideas and information that come from scholarly literature must be cited and referenced correctly.
- A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature references must be used. **See above section on “Preparing the Paper”.
- Abide by Chamberlain College of Nursing academic integrity policy. NRS 427V Week 1 Discussion Question 1 Recent
This assignment will be run through Turn It In. Your second submission will be considered final and subject to grading.
NR503_Week 5 Infectious Diseases Paper_Sept19
|NR503_Week 5 Infectious Diseases Paper_Sept19|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAssignment Content Possible Points =110 Points
Introduction of Infectious Disease
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDeterminants of Health||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeEpidemiological Triad||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeRole of the NP||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAssignment Format Possible Points =15 Points
APA current edition
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSpelling/grammar/ voice||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeLate penalty deductions
Students are expected to submit assignments by the time they are due. Assignments submitted after the due date and time will receive a deduction of 10% of the total points possible for that assignment for each day the assignment is late. Assignments will be accepted, with penalty as described, up to a maximum of three days late, after which point a zero will be recorded for the assignment. Quizzes and discussions are not considered assignments and are not part of the late assignment policy.
|Total Points: 125.0|