NRS 427V Community Teaching Plan Teaching Experience
NRS 427V Community Teaching Plan Teaching Experience
Note: This is an individual assignment. In 1,500-2,000 words, describe the teaching experience and discuss your observations. The written portion of this assignment should include:
Summary of teaching plan
Epidemiological rationale for topic
Evaluation of teaching experience
Community response to teaching
Areas of strengths and areas of improvement
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required. NRS 427V Community Teaching Plan Teaching Experience
Throughout this course, you have viewed the Diary of Medical Mission videos dealing with the catastrophic earthquake in Haiti in 2010.
Reflect on this natural disaster by answering the following questions:
Propose one example of a nursing intervention related to the disaster from each of the following levels: primary prevention, secondary prevention, and tertiary prevention. Provide innovative examples that have not been discussed by a previous student.
Under which phase of the disaster do the three proposed interventions fall? Explain why you chose that phase.
With what people or agencies would you work in facilitating the proposed interventions and why? NRS 427V Community Teaching Plan Teaching Experience
Link to the Diary of Medical Mission videos:
In a written paper of 1,200-1,500 words, apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease. Choose one communicable disease from the following list:
Hepatitis B (Selected)
Include the following in your assignment:
Description of the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment) and the demographic of interest (mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence). NRS 427V Community Teaching Plan Teaching Experience
Describe the determinants of health and explain how those factors contribute to the development of this disease.
Discuss the epidemiologic triangle as it relates to the communicable disease you have selected. Include the host factors, agent factors (presence or absence), and environmental factors. (The textbook describes each element of the epidemiologic triangle). NRS 427V Community Teaching Plan Teaching Experience
Explain the role of the community health nurse (case finding,
reporting, data collecting, data analysis, and follow-up).
Identify at least one national agency or organization that addresses the communicable disease chosen and describe how the organization(s) contributes to resolving or reducing the impact of disease.
A minimum of three references is required.
Infectious Disease Paper: SCABIES
I currently reside in FL
Infectious disease occurs worldwide and must be addressed just as chronic disease is approached. This assignment will present the learner an opportunity to explore a communicable disease, to apply the epidemiological triad, and to discern the demographic and at-risk background data for a specific infectious disease agent. NRS 427V Community Teaching Plan Teaching Experience
- Introduction: Analysis of the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment) to include demographic break down that includes age, gender, race, or other at-risk indicators (data per demographics should include mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence).
- Determinants of Health: Define, identify and synthesize the determinants of health as related to the development of the infection. Utilize HP2020.
- Epidemiological Triad: Identify and describe all elements of the epidemiological triad: Host factors, agent factors (presence or absence), and environmental factors. Utilize the demographic break down to further describe the triad. Writing includes examples that expand content beyond a definition into application. Full integration of evidence, sources. NRS 427V Community Teaching Plan Teaching Experience
- Role of the NP: Succinctly define the role of the nurse practitioner according to a national nurse practitioner organization (National Board of Nursing or AANP, for example) and synthesize the role to the management of infectious diseases (surveillance, primary/secondary/tertiary interventions, reporting, data collecting, data analysis, and follow-up). This includes the integration of a model of practice which supports the implementation of an evidence-based practice. NRS 427V Community Teaching Plan Teaching Experience
- Length: The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) should be limited to a maximum of four (4) pages. Papers not adhering to the page length may be returned to you for editing to meet the length guidelines.
- A minimum of three (3) scholarly research/literature references must be used. CDC or other web sources may be utilized but are not counted towards the three minimum references required. Your course text may be used as an additional resource but is not included in the three minimum scholarly references. NRS 427V Community Teaching Plan Teaching Experience
- APA format current edition.
- Include scholarly in-text references and a reference list.
Best Practices in Preparing the Project
The following are best practices in preparing this project:
- Review directions and rubric thoroughly.
- Follow submission requirements.
- Make sure all elements on the grading rubric are included. Organize the paper using the rubric sections and appropriate headings to match the sections. NRS 427V Community Teaching Plan Teaching Experience
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
- Title page, running head, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the current edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section of the paper except for the introduction where no heading is used.
- Ideas and information that come from scholarly literature must be cited and referenced correctly.
- A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature references must be used. **See above section on “Preparing the Paper”.
- Abide by Chamberlain College of Nursing academic integrity policy. NRS 427V Community Teaching Plan Teaching Experience
This assignment will be run through Turn It In. Your second submission will be considered final and subject to grading.
NR503_Week 5 Infectious Diseases Paper_Sept19
|NR503_Week 5 Infectious Diseases Paper_Sept19|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAssignment Content Possible Points =110 Points
Introduction of Infectious Disease
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDeterminants of Health||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeEpidemiological Triad||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeRole of the NP||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAssignment Format Possible Points =15 Points
APA current edition
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSpelling/grammar/ voice||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeLate penalty deductions
Students are expected to submit assignments by the time they are due. Assignments submitted after the due date and time will receive a deduction of 10% of the total points possible for that assignment for each day the assignment is late. Assignments will be accepted, with penalty as described, up to a maximum of three days late, after which point a zero will be recorded for the assignment. Quizzes and discussions are not considered assignments and are not part of the late assignment policy.
|Total Points: 125.0|