NR 512 Week 5 Health IT Hot Topic of the Week Assignment
NR 512 Week 5 Health IT Hot Topic of the Week Assignment
Health IT Topic of Week Assignment
Guidelines with Scoring Rubric
This assignment is designed to help students
Develop an appreciation for informatics, basic skills and knowledge required in practice settings.Students will select a “hot” or popular topic of particular interest to their practice to discuss. The topic will be selected from the website using the link provided in the course Assignments section. NR 512 Week 5 Health IT Hot Topic of the Week Assignment
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the following ability.
(CO 6) Describe health information systems within healthcare setting and the profession of nursing in all practice domains and settings including electronic health records (EHR), their management and patient-care information technology (IT). (PO 4)
(CO 7) ExploretrendsandissuesinNIandtheirimpactonnursingpracticeinall domains.(POs9,11)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 5.
Total Points Possible: 125
Students will login to Fierce EMR and Fierce Health IT using the link provided in the course Assignments and select a “current/popular” topic of the week that may impact their practice. Students, in a professionally developed paper, will discuss the rationale for choosing the topic, how it will impact practice in a positive or negative manner, citing pros and cons. Include a discussion of how informatics skills and knowledge were used in the process relevance to developing the assignment. In the conclusion, provide recommendations for the future. Submit completed Fierce Health IT Topic paper for Wk. 5 to drop box by end of Week 5.
Preparing the paper NR 512 Week 5 Health IT Hot Topic of the Week Assignment
1. The Fierce EMR and Fierce Health IT Current/Popular Topic of the Week assignment must be a professional, scholarly prepared paper. See the guidelines for writing a professional, scholarly paper in the Course Resources. The professional paper will have an introduction, body of paper to explain what you are doing, summary/conclusion, and at least three scholarly references.
2. Required texts may be used as references, but a minimum of three sources must be from outside of course readings.
3. All aspects of the paper must be in APA format as expressed in the 6th edition.
4. The paper (excluding the title page, introduction and reference page) is 4-6 pages in length.
5. Ideas and information from professional sources must be cited correctly.
6. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citations are consistent with
formal academic writing
American Art Project – Assignment Instructions
It is important to remember, represent, and honor a collective past, but it is equally important to understand a deeper significance to visual records. In this assignment, you will examine works of art available through the website of the Architect of the Capitol. The purpose is to emphasize how art can be used to portray historical events and convey a message when viewed in the context of the age in which it was created. NR 512 Week 5 Health IT Hot Topic of the Week Assignment
This assignment has 2 parts. In Part 1, you will view the historical paintings that surround the interior space of the Capitol Rotunda and read a short description and history of the artwork. In Part 2, you will view sculptures of some famous Americans who have been enshrined by their state in Statuary Hall. Read through all of the instructions for both parts before you begin. You will submit both completed parts to Blackboard in a single Microsoft Word or PowerPoint document. NR 512 Week 5 Health IT Hot Topic of the Week Assignment
- Click on this link:http://aoc.gov/paintings-0
- The page should open for the Capitol’s Historic Rotunda Paintings.
- Click on the individual images for each of the 8 paintings to see them in more detail and see some information on the piece.
- Read the short article on each of the webpages for these paintings.
- Once you have viewed the images and read the information, choose 4 and write a paragraph for your presentation that addresses each of the following topics:
- Presentation Questions
- What is the author trying to communicate in the image? Is there a mood or emotion that is being evoked?
- When was the image commissioned and hung? What is the historical context of this painting? What events were occurring when the painting was created that could have contributed to its content? How are those connections between content and context most clearly presented? NR 512 Week 5 Health IT Hot Topic of the Week Assignment
- Is the artist successful in communicating contextual influences? Is the message too difficult to understand for a modern viewer?
- The questions should be answered in essay form, in a narrative style, not as a list of direct answers to the queries. You should include the image, its title, and the artist as a header to each section.
- You will need to include properly formatted Turabian footnotes/endnotes for each source that you use in the presentation. You will be using the images from the website, so you must cite those pages as sources. NR 512 Week 5 Health IT Hot Topic of the Week Assignment
- If the assignment is submitted in a Word document, each paragraph should be 200–300 words in length, double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 pt. font with 1-inch borders. The Word document will require properly formatted footnotes for the sources used.
- If the assignment is submitted as a PowerPoint presentation, each paragraph should be on a separate slide with the images and artist information on a preceding slide. The word count applies to PowerPoint assignments and citations should be included using properly formatted Turabian endnotes.
- Be sure to write your paragraph in your own words and that you proofread your work to eliminate spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors. Be sure to review the Writing Tips document to avoid common errors in academic work. After you have written your paragraphs for each of your 4 choices, proceed to Part 2. NR 512 Week 5 Health IT Hot Topic of the Week Assignment
- Click on this link:http://aoc.gov/capitol-hill/national-statuary-hall-collection/about-national-statuary-hall-collection
- The page should open to the page for the National Statuary Hall Collection. Once you have read the short overview and description of the collection, search to find the 2 statues that represent your state.
- Copy the image for each representative of your state into the presentation. (If you are not a resident of the United States or do not claim a “home state” for any reason, you are free to adopt any of the 50 states as your own for the purposes of this assignment.)
- After the image, include the individual’s name and the state he or she represents.
- In a 200–250 word paragraph for each image:
- give a short summary of the individual’s historic significance and
- an evaluation of whether this individual is a good choice to represent your state.
- You will need to include properly formatted Turabian footnotes/endnotes for each source that you use in the presentation. You will be using the images from the website, so you must cite those pages as sources.
- Be sure to write your paragraphs in your own words and that you proofread your work to eliminate spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors. Be sure to review the Writing Tips document to avoid common errors in academic work. These paragraphs will be submitted in the same document as Part 1. NR 512 Week 5 Health IT Hot Topic of the Week Assignment