NR 508 Week 5 Discussions 1 Part 1
NR 508 Week 5 Discussions 1 Part 1
discussion part one
leroy is a 70 year-old-man, whose wife passed away 5 years ago, and whose 2 children live out-of–state. his neighbor caretaker (ms. webb, a middle-aged retired cna, whom his children hired to provide home care to him 3x/week) brings him to your clinic. he presents with quite severe confusion, incidentally to very minor changes in his environment, which provokes some violence (a symptom which startles ms. webb), increasingly impaired judgment, and increasing repetitiousness and inconsistencies in his usual behavior. upon initial work-up and physical exam, you notice an increased respiratory rate, a slight fever (100°f), and cost vertebral angle tenderness on his right side.
NR 508 Week 5 Discussions 1 (Part Two) Recent
discussion part two
the patient is diagnosed with a severe urinary tract infection (pyelonephritis), and you decide to prescribe him sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim (smx/tmp) beginning with 2 g initially as a loading dose, followed by 1 g as a maintenance dose bid. over the next couple of weeks, the symptoms associated with his uti diminish, and his mental status improves. however, ms. webb brings him back to your clinic with symptoms, which scare her yet again, and she explains that she thinks he may have a relapse of his uti. these symptoms include a high fever (103.6°f) and tachypnea, and upon pulmonary examination at your clinic, you hear crackles, and find classic findings of lung consolidation. NR 508 Week 5 Discussions 1 Part 1
what laboratory tests should you order, and what is your primary diagnosis at this point and subsequent steps in his treatment and management?
once explained, please indicate and describe your chosen pharmacological treatment with inclusion of dose and mechanism of action of your chosen prescription.
NR 508 Week 5 Discussions 1 (Part Three) Recent
discussion part three
upon receipt of laboratory results, you notice that his egfr is ~40ml/min, his serum creatinine is 3.0 mg/dl, and his bun is 50 mg/dl.
how will the medication regimen(s) have to be adjusted given these new laboratory findings, and how should you be monitoring for efficacy and toxicity of this patient’s pharmacological profile with a summary of where this patient currently stands in his medical treatment? NR 508 Week 5 Discussions 1 Part 1
The Final Assignment, your course-to-course project will act as the basis for your final project in this course. Remember for this course, you must focus on the legal issues involved in your project.
In this Final Assignment, students will assume that YOU are the Chief Compliance Officer of a healthcare organization. You and your team were assigned the task of reviewing the proposed project for legal issues. You will prepare a comprehensive report to the Board of Directors addressing and analyzing the legal issues that will/may arise in implementing your project. NR 508 Week 5 Discussions 1 Part 1
You should have 7-8 legal issues to discuss in your report. The project should deals directly with health care law and its impact on the health care delivery system from a variety of perspectives. The goal here is to apply the concepts of health care law to add another dimension to your project’s ability to contribute to high quality, effective, efficient, and accessible health care delivery. View your project through the lens of legal and regulatory considerations. NR 508 Week 5 Discussions 1 Part 1
Remember the advice provided for the project.
- Explain how the elements of healthcare law affect your project: what might need to change? What analyses might you need to do to provide a comprehensive view of the legal and regulatory aspects of your project? Include those analyses in your assignment.
- Cite references and sources as appropriate. The narrative format should flow appropriately for the project.
- Include an analysis of the viability of your project from a legal perspective. NR 508 Week 5 Discussions 1 Part 1
The Summary Should Include of the appropriate law involved:
- Federal statute,
- Related federal regulation,
- Interpretation of the regulation (government source or professional/academic expert analysis),
- Identify and compare relevant state laws,
- Court case or government advisory opinion, and
- Ethical concern, ethical standard implicated and how/why. NR 508 Week 5 Discussions 1 Part 1
Last important advice: Raise future questions or concerns. Recommend resources. Include a project bibliography.
Your final project should address the following legal questions.
1. What Confidentiality and HIPAA (security and privacy) issues are involved? What other patient’s rights are affected?
2. How can your project protect itself against litigation and other complaints? What prevention strategies should be employed?
3. What laws and entities govern your project? Are the laws statutes, court decisions or regulations? Are the laws federal or state or administrative laws? Is your project answerable to agencies that are federal or state or local or military? Remember to include references that make finding the laws easy for the reader. NR 508 Week 5 Discussions 1 Part 1