NR 443 Week 4 DQ 1 Concerns for the School Nurse
NR 443 Week 4 DQ 1 Concerns for the School Nurse
Concerns for the School Nurse (Graded)
As the school nurse role continues to evolve, there are increasingly more health concerns for the school nurse. Does the locale make a difference in the problems, or are health problems in children and adolescents universal? In some inner-city areas, poor nutrition is a prevalent issue. What do you think are the biggest problems in your areas? NR 443 Week 4 DQ 1 Concerns for the School Nurse
Reading Research Literature – Week 5
Type your answers to the following questions using complete sentences and correct grammar, spelling, and syntax. Click Save as and save the file with your last name and Assignment, e.g.,NR 439 _RRL_Smith.Submit to the Week 5 RRL basket in the Dropbox by11:59 pm MT Sunday at the end of Week 5. The guidelines and grading rubric for this Assignment may be found in Doc Sharing. NR 443 Week 4 DQ 1 Concerns for the School Nurse
Name:[replace this text with your name]
The following questions pertain to:
George, S., & Thomas, S. (2010). Lived experience of diabetes among older, rural people. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 66(5), 1092-1100.
1) What is the purpose of this research?
2) What is the research question (or questions)? This may be implicit or explicit.
3) Did the authors describe the research design of this study? If so, give a description.
4) Describe the population (sample) for this study.
5) Was the sample adequate for the research design that was selected?
6) Describe the data collection procedure. NR 443 Week 4 DQ 1 Concerns for the School Nurse
7) How were the data analyzed after collection?
8) Discuss the limitations found in the study.
9) Discuss the authors’ conclusions. Do you feel these conclusions are based on the data that they collected?
10) How does this advance knowledge in the field? The following questions pertain to: Hunt, C., Sanderson, B., Ellison, K., (2014). Support for diabetes using technology: A pilot study to improve self-management. MedSurgNursing, 23(4), 231-237.
11)What is the purpose of this research?
12)What is the research question (or questions)? This may be implicit or explicit.
13) Did the authors describe the research design of this study? If so, give a description. 14)Describe the population (sample) for this study.
15) Was the sample adequate for the research design that was selected? NR 443 Week 4 DQ 1 Concerns for the School Nurse
16) Describe the data collection procedure.
17)How were the data analyzed?
18)Discuss the limitations found in the study?
19)Discuss the authors’ conclusions. Do you feel these conclusions are based on the data that they collected?
20)How does this advance knowledge in the field.
Nursing Theory Application in Telehealth (20%):
Telehealth technologies are increasingly used in the provision of nursing care to clients and populations. The education of nurses must include content and practice with telehealth technologies.
Please read chapter 15 of your text: Imogene M. King: Conceptual Systems and Middle-Range Theory of Goal Attainment and the following article before completing this assignment Enhancing Telehealth Education in Nursing: Applying King’s Conceptual Framework and Theory of Goal Attainment(https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317787530…)
In a 2-3-page 7th edition APA formatted paper describe your conversation/discharge planning education with a patient being discharged from the hospital after having a stroke (CHF, Asthma, COPD) who is going to be monitored using telehealth technology. Assume this patient has never heard of telehealth before today and that the patient either is a member of a vulnerable population or lives in a rural location lacking transportation and resources for continued care. Identify how nurses can use telehealth to provide care. NR 443 Week 4 DQ 1 Concerns for the School Nurse
1. What information would be important for this patient to know about telehealth?(King’s theory of goal attainment focuses on perceptions, communications, interactions, and transactions between nurses and clients as part of the process of mutual goal setting to achieve a state of health).
2. Using King’s model describe an aspect of patient care with telehealth that will address the specific needs of this patient.
3. Create a nursing telehealth strategy that could be implemented to address this patient’s specific needs using the nursing process (ADPIE) format. (Assessment Diagnosis Planning Interventions Evaluations) NR 443 Week 4 DQ 1 Concerns for the School Nurse
4. Include the principles of QSEN to address safety concerns in your nursing process (Quality and Safety Education for Nurses)
[Working in the Surgical ICU, focus on CHF and post operative CABG patient discharged home for follow up. Focus on problems such as pain management and use of Incentive spirometer. Explain patient teaching/informing via telehealth of different modalities of pain management as well as use and importance of incentive spirometer.]
I will include the article included to read prior to the assignment as well as the book cover and pages of chapter 15. Other sources are welcomed to be used as references. Please let me know if this is doable for you and any questions you may have. Thank you. NR 443 Week 4 DQ 1 Concerns for the School Nurse