NR 390 Week 6 Course Project Milestone 3
NR 390 Week 6 Course Project Milestone 3
Course Project Milestone 3 Guidelines
To apply lessons in nursing history to living nurses contributing to nursing history through an interview and recording of historical information.
The Course Project enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO 1. Incorporate appropriate historical perspectives into current professional nursing practice. (PO #2)
CO 4. Compare current professional nursing practice roles with historical roles of the nurse. (PO #7) NR 390 Week 6 Course Project Milestone 3
The entire project is worth 600 points. Milestone 3 is worth 300 points of this total.
Submit your completed NR390 Milestone 3 by the end of Week 6 at 1159 p.m. MT.
Requirements and Guidelines
If submission method is written (typed in the template), do the following.
Download the Milestone 3 Template (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. NR 390 Week 6 Course Project Milestone 3
The interview must take place in a face-to-face or phone conversation only. E-mail interview or asking the nurse to complete a written or typed interview is not permitted.
Download the Milestone 3 Template. Save it to your computer in Microsoft Word 2010 (or later) as a .docx file with the file name Your Last Name Milestone 3.docx.
Carefully review the assigned areas for Milestone 3and type directly on your saved Milestone 3 Template.
Use your instructor’s feedback from Milestone 2 to revise your questions prior to the interview.
Submit your completed Milestone 3 Template by Sunday at the end of Week 6.
If submission method is audio or audio-video
The recording should be approximately 8 to12 minutes.
The interview must take place in a face-to-face or phone conversation only. E-mail interview or asking the nurse to complete a written or typed interview is not permitted.NR 390 Week 6 Course Project Milestone 3
Edit the recording as needed prior to submission.
The audio or AV file must be able to be submitted to the course, and subsequently downloaded by the instructor for scoring. If it cannot be attached or downloaded, you will need to submit your Milestone 3 by typing on the Milestone 3 Template (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
Instructors are not able to provide advice or technical support regarding recordings. Submission of a recording is NOT required.
Use your instructor’s feedback from Milestone 2 to revise your questions prior to the interview. NR 390 Week 6 Course Project Milestone 3
Submit your completed Milestone 3 to the Dropbox by Sunday at end of Week 6. NR 390 Week 6 Course Project Milestone 3
NOTE Only one Milestone 3 file is accepted. If you choose to use audio or AV, all parts of Milestone 3 must be on that recording. Do not submit additional files.
Course Project Milestone 3 Template
Prior to completing this template, carefully review Course Project Milestone 3 Guidelines paying particular attention to how to name the document and all rubric requirements. After saving the document to your computer, type your answers directly on this template and save again. This assignment is due by Sunday end of Week 6 by 1159 p.m.MT. NR 390 Week 6 Course Project Milestone 3
Student Introduction and Statement of Purpose
Nurse States Verbal Permission for Interview and Submission
Questions and Answers
Primary Question #1 NR 390 Week 6 Course Project Milestone 3
Primary Question #2
Primary Question #3
Primary Question #4
Primary Question #5
Total Points Possible=300
I’m working on a nursing writing question and need a sample draft to help me understand better.
A. Identify a nursing theory that has influenced your values and goals.
1. Explain how nurses apply the identified theory from part A to implement excellent nursing practices.
2. Discuss how the identified theory from part A fits your professional practice. NR 390 Week 6 Course Project Milestone 3
B. Identify the contributions of two historical nursing figures in the nineteenth or twentieth century.
1. Compare the differences in contributions of the two historical figures identified in part B.
2. Describe how the contributions of the two historical figures influence your professional nursing practice.
C. Explain the functional differences between the State Board of Nursing and the American Nurses Association (ANA). NR 390 Week 6 Course Project Milestone 3
1. Define the roles of these two organizations.
2. Explain how these two organizations influence your nursing practice.
3. Explain the requirements for professional license renewal in your state.
a. Discuss the consequences of failure to maintain license requirements in your state. NR 390 Week 6 Course Project Milestone 3
4. Compare the differences between registered nursing license requirements in a compact state versus a non-compact state.
D. Discuss the functional differences between the Food and Drug Administration and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (see the web links below).
1. Discuss how the two regulatory agencies influence your professional nursing practice.
a. Describe your role as a patient advocate in promoting safety when a patient has requested to use an alternative therapy.
E. Discuss the purposes of the Nurse Practice Act in your state and its impact on your professional practice.
1. Discuss the scope of practice for a RN in your state.
2. Discuss how your state defines delegation for the RN. NR 390 Week 6 Course Project Milestone 3
F. Apply each of the following roles to your professional practice:
- a scientist
- a detective
- a manager of the healing environment
G. Identify two provisions from the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics (see web link below).
1. Analyze how the two provisions identified in part G influence your professional nursing practice.
2. Describe a nursing error that may occur in a clinical practice (e.g., clinical setting, skills lab, or simulation).
a. Explain how the ANA provisions identified in part G can be applied to the error discussed in part G2.
H. Identify four leadership qualities or traits that represent excellence in nursing. NR 390 Week 6 Course Project Milestone 3
1. Discuss the significance of the four leadership qualities identified in part H in the nurse’s role as each of the following:
- a leader at the bedside
- within a nursing team or interdisciplinary team
2. Identify how your work environment impacts the following:
- nursing leadership
- decision making
- professional development