NR 361 Week 4 Discussion 2 Recent
NR 361 Week 4 Discussion 2 Recent
Your Patient Has a Personal Health Record
Course Project Milestone 1 Guidelines
To apply lessons in nursing history to living nurses contributing to nursing history through an interview and recording of historical information
The Course Project enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes
CO 1. Incorporate appropriate historical perspectives into current professional nursing practice. (PO #2)
CO 4. Compare current professional nursing practice roles with historical roles of the nurse. (PO #7)
The entire project is worth 600 points. Milestone 1 is worth 100 points of this total.
Submit your completed NR390 Milestone 1 by Sunday at 1159 p.m. MT at the end of Week 1.
Requirements and Guidelines
1. Nursing history is being made today by exemplary nurses throughout the world. Select one registered nurse who is creating nursing history to be the subject of this project. This RN must have at least 15 years of RN licensure. The nurse could be a family member, friend, colleague,
acquaintance, manager, former instructor, or other nurse who is creating, delivering, or influencing the practice of nursing in your area. Do not select a former or current patient. Remember that a nurse does not have to create a nursing theory, write textbooks, or be the head of a nursing organization to make nursing history. The chief nurse executive who manages to deliver quality care in a small rural hospital with a tiny budget has a story worth telling. The nurse who served in the military has a story that is important to document as nursing history. The staff nurse who consistently provides high-quality care is making history. History is not merely the major accomplishments or events, but includes the activities nurses everywhere do in their nursing lives. Milestone 1 is due at the end of Week 1.
ORDER NOW FOR ORIGINAL, PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPERS
2. Clearly explain to the selected nurse that statements made in the interview will be recorded (audio, video, and/or written) and submitted to instructor. The interview is not intended for public access.
3. Obtain permission from the selected nurse to participate in an interview about his or her
1. memories of nursing and nursing education;
2. contributions to nursing; and
3. persons or events that have
influenced his or her nursing practice.
4. Carefully review the Milestone 1 Grading Criteria and Grading Rubric below. Complete only Milestone 1 requirements at this time.
5. Download the Milestone 1 Template (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Save it to your computer in Microsoft Word 2010 (or later) as a .docx file with the file name Your Last Name Milestone 1.docx. Type directly on your saved Milestone 1 Template. Submit your completed Milestone 1 as instructed by Sunday of Week 1.
6. NOTE Do not complete the interview at this time.
**Academic Integrity Reminder**
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
Course Project Milestone 1 Template
Directions Prior to completing this template, carefully review Course Project Milestone 1 Guidelines, paying particular attention to how to name the document and all rubric requirements. After saving the document to your computer, type your answers directly on this template and save again. This assignment is due by the end of Week 1 by 1159 p.m.MT.
Assignment Criteria Answers
Note see Milestone 1 Rubric for details required in each area.
Name of Selected Nurse
Years Selected Nurse Has Been an RN
Your Relationship With Selected Nurse
Why You Selected This Nurse